Thursday, August 28, 2008

I Swear.....

Last night was the CASA swearing in ceremony. I had dressed slightly nicer than usual for work in anticipation of the event. I ended up outside in the pouring rain, collecting soil samples and getting all muddy and fuzzy haired. I was only a little scary looking by the time of the ceremony.

I had collected all the kids and got them to the court house. Ralph and Robin came from South Charleston and found their way without too many problems. Beth got off of work a little early and hurried to the court house, making it just in time.

Our Director spoke to the audience for a few minutes before showing a video of two adults who had a CASA as children and why it meant so much to them. Then Judge Jim Mason was introduced. He gave a brief talk about why we are important and then called each of us to receive our certificates.

After all of us received our certificates, Judge Mason delivered the oath to us, which was really pretty cool. Then there was much picture taking, hanging out and eating of cake and punch!




The whole class, and Judge Mason after the swearing in.


Family picture


Mia and I showing some love to each other.

Now I can be appointed by the Franklin County Court of Common Pleas, Division of Domestic Relations and Juvenile Branch to speak up for a child.

0 Comments: