I've noticed that we don't really do anything anymore. During the week it's work, food, baths, laundry then bed and on the weekends someone or someones is always sick. Even if nobody is sick, we can't get everything organized to get all of us out to go do something. It's a major battle to get all of us out the door, and then it seems like it's always somebodies nap time. I don't really know what we would do if we did all get out of the house and I would probably not want to do it anyway!
I'm also lamenting the fact that we have almost no family near us. This sucks for a variety of reasons. It would be nice to have some help with the kids when everyone is sick, even if it's just to let us get some sleep. It would be nice if Beth and I could go out every now and then and not have to spend at least a 100 bucks. It would be nice if the kids could go run around with an aunt or uncle and get to be nieces and nephews every now and then instead of always being sons and daughters. All we have relatively nearby are Beth's parents, an hour away. They do a lot for us, and I always appreciate it, and I know that with them we have more than some of you have. It would just be nice if we didn't have to always call on them and could maybe spread it out. They have their own lives after all. I get sad that we can't see Katy and Chris or my mom, aunts and grandparents. These are people that Max talks about and wants to see (me too for that matter) and can't quite understand why he can't. Guess I'm just a bit melancholy today.
Tumblr
15 years ago
3 Comments:
You, Beth and the kids have had a rough winter! I totally understand what you're saying, except that I am looking at it from the other side. I wish that all of my kids lived closer, and that I could babysit for Eliza more to help Kylie and Chris. Oh well...we (I'm sure it's the same with your family) all try to see each other as much as possible. Let's just look forward to spring...warm weather, playing outside, sunshine, flowers and no ear infections!
We have had a rough winter. Thanks for the pep talk :)
You do a lot! But between CASA and work and playing with/dealing with the kids there is not much discretionary time left. I remember those days. I wish I could help more. After I retire I will have more time. We need to come up and sit for a night and let you guys get away. And spring can't be too far away!!
Post a Comment