We had to say goodbye to Smitten today. She was diagnosed with cancer last week and just couldn't make it any longer.
She was a funny cat. We got her when I worked at the animal hospital. Somebody had been walking in the park and saw a van dump a bunch of kittens. The good sam collected them all and brought them to the vet to get checked out. I selected her to go home with me. She was scrawny and covered in oil. The first time I gave her a bath, she got all stiff legged and fell over. I thought that I had killed her.
She use to shoot around a room without ever touching the floor, only bouncing off the walls. That's when we started to call her "Ricochet". Then one day Beth couldn't find her and she searched high and low. Finally found her inside the storage drawer to the oven. Apparently she had gone behind the oven, crawled underneath and up into the drawer. That's when we started to call her "Oven Smitten".
Her and Dedo were good buddies. She use to chew on his chewies (while he was chewing on the other side), eat his dog food out of the bowl (while his head was in it eating it too), and yes even drink his water. I can't tell you how many times her head was all slobbery and wet from him giving her licks.
She was also a fierce hunter. Remember the post of her bringing me the mouse? That's not the only critter she's caught. She loved to chase a feather on a string and we have a cute video of her chasing it while Max is making it fly.
She was such a fluffy, cuddly kitty. Use to lay on my chest and put her paw on my nose and promptly go to sleep like that. I'll miss her.
Tumblr
15 years ago
3 Comments:
So sad. :(
Bye, Smitten.
I'm glad I gave her extra pets last weekend. She was a good kitty.
Post a Comment