I had to spend the day on Friday taking other environmental employees through a couple of substations for the Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures training. First, to get into a substation one must have taken the station entry training. This is the training that tells you how to not electrocute yourself and the proper procedures for entering and exiting the station. Of the 14 people in the training on Friday, only 4 of us have had the entry training and therefore were responsible for the safety of the other 10. All of the employees, with the exception of me and one other person, are not involved in transmission and distribution, they all work with the generating plants. This means they were excited and had no idea what they were looking at. I was convinced one of them was going to spot wield to something when I had my back turned! The other bad thing about traipsing around in substations, you have to wear long-sleeved fire retardant clothing, safety classes and a hard hat. It was 85 out yesterday and I was really hot in my safety wear. I was so happy to get home to my air conditioning!
After I recovered and we had all the kids in bed, Beth and I watched National Treasure 2: Book of Secrets. Now, the first National Treasure was pretty entertaining, as long as you could get over the, "Yeah, THAT could happen" aspect of the movie. Lots of clues and riddles to keep the mind busy. We were looking forward to watching the second one. As a lot of sequels go, this one wasn't near as good. There were only a couple of riddles and at times the story just didn't seem to make sense. And there's something just not right with Nicolas Cage's teeth. They appear to have veneers on them that make them seem abnormally perfect and very large. I've never really noticed this before, but I just couldn't stop being distracted by those pearlies while watching this movie. Overall, the movie was eh.
They're just my teeth lady!
2 Comments:
I was more distracted by his hair
Yeah, the hair was pretty bad too. Dyed all black and looking pretty helmety.....
Post a Comment