Sunday, June 1, 2008

Bats in the belfry

Or in the living room...

Finally, the kids were in bed, the dog had been out and Beth and I were settling down to watch Raiders of the Lost Ark, when I noticed something flying around. I was in the middle of telling Beth, "Look a bat is flying.....uhm." when I realized the bat was flying around INSIDE the house. There were a few moments of chaos as we tried to figure out exactly what we were suppose to do about the situation. Me standing in the middle of the living room, ducking everytime the bat swooped in my direction, Beth sitting on the coach looking at me like I really should know how to handle this situation, and a couple of cats deciding they could catch the bat for us. Finally, Beth took Wilson to the bedroom and closed the door. I chased the cats into the basement and put Dedo in the garage. Then we opened all the doors and just kept ducking until the bat found an open one and flew out.


We still don't know how the little bugger got into the house. The only thing we can figure is it followed me into the house when I let the dog out, which creepifyies me. I guess that's better than the alternative, some sort of direct entry into the house for a colony of bats that reside in the attic.

0 Comments: