Monday, June 16, 2008

And somehow she still likes me

Today is our 12th anniversary. I'm not sure where the time has gone. Can it really be 12 years?

I wanted to get Beth a present, but there is a problem. If I'm not at work, I'm home with her. Not great for gift shopping. There is absolutely no shopping located in downtown Columbus anymore and I have to pick Max up right after work since he goes to school downtown. No opportunity for solo shopping. So, my only hope was that Max would be agreable and shop with me after work and school today. It was the first day of summer camp and he didn't nap. You can guess how the shopping went....

Beth on the other hand, just had to deal with Wilson today. When I came home I was greeted with a lovely table all set with new placemats and linens and a very pretty center piece. She had gone to the grocery and got some food for me to grill for dinner. I have a lovely picture, but blogger refuses to upload it for some reason.

When I went outside to light the grill, I discovered that my lame-o grill had been replaced with a huge, fabulous new grill!



The grill has a cover, thermometer, two side tables, a bottle opener and I can raise and lower the coal rack to control the temperature better. It took her 3 hours to assemble. She also got me a plastic charcoal storage bin to keep the charcoal dry. It's large enough that I can grill a whole turkey, which I've wanted to do for a long time.

Bottle opener


Grillin' some chops


I felt pretty lame giving her the anniversary card that I was able to purchase before Max started crying that he wanted to go home.


I think she still loves me.

0 Comments: