I really enjoy talking to people about adoption, and I've done a lot of support for all sorts of folks. But for the first time, I've been supporting somebody that I know and work with. He and his wife have been trying to adopt from the foster care system for years and just found out earlier this week that they are getting a placement. On Tuesday he came and talked to me for over half an hour about the situation. They get to meet the boy for the first time tonight, get to do some stuff with him this weekend and next weekend he stays overnight with them. The poor guy has so many emotions and thoughts that he can hardly think straight. He was so relieved to know that it was ok to feel excitement and dread at the same time. He ended up crying in my cubicle and made me tear up too. I'm so excited for them all!
Tumblr
15 years ago
1 Comment:
Good Luck!! And bless them!
Post a Comment