My flight was scheduled to take off at 6:55 am. So, I was up very early this morning. Poor Beth wasn't feeling well last night, so I tried to take care of all the kids so she could sleep. It kinda worked. That Wilson kid just won't let me put him to sleep at night and demands his mommy. But anyway, I was up a lot last night and 4:45 am came very early.
I staggered in to the airport and got on a very tiny plane. I had a foriegn exchange student sitting next to me. She had a very large spongebob square pants pillow that spilled over half into my seat and was armed with a digital camera. She was taking pictures of everything, random shots of the wing, pictures of me reading my magazine, a picture of the "Tray must be in the upright and locked position" sign on the tray in front of me. It was amusing.
Then in the row in front of me and on the other side of the isle was a very elderly man. He looked very nervous and held the flight safety booklet, following along as the stewardess explained what to do in the event of an emergency. A few minutes after take off, I became aware of music. It was him playing a very large harmonica. He played it the whole flight, but it was pretty quiet. I thought it was cute.
We had to change planes at St. Lois. This time we had to walk outside to get to the plane. As we were walking, my travel buddy kicked a bolt. We were hopeful that it hadn't fallen off of the plane we were getting on!
Finally, we made it to Bartlesville, Oklahoma. Apparently this is home to Frank Lloyd Wright's only skyscraper and there is a museum to Frank Phillips, of Phillips Petroleum. Besides that, there appears to be nothing else. I'm afraid this is going to be a long week!
Tumblr
15 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment