Monday, December 22, 2008

Break

Today is the first day of Max's Christmas break. The angel let me sleep until 8 this morning! Last night we had grandma Robin and grandpa Ralph over to celebrate Christmas. Max got a huge Black Beauty horse puppet that he is in love with. It had to sit at the table and have a bowl of nummy hay for breakfast this morning. Then we got ready and hit the mall for one last present. He was a fabulous shopper.

We looked at Santa when we first went into the mall, but as I had suspected, Max did not want to talk to him. So, we shopped. He asked a couple of questions about Santa and I explained that kids tell them what they want so Santa knows what to bring. I told him that if he didn't want to tell him, than I would so he didn't need to worry about it. He decided that perhaps he wanted to tell him. So, we got in line and he very bravely went up, sat in his lap and announced that he wanted a transformer. I was so very proud!




After Santa we went to see the very brave mouse (The Tale of Despereaux, which Max can't say). This was an awesome movie! Sigourney Weaver is the narrator, Matthew Broderick is Despereaux, Dustin Hoffman, Tracey Ullman, Kevin Cline, William H. Macy are all voices in the movie. It's a great story about honor, truth, bravery, sorrow and doing the right thing. Max was entranced for the entire 100 minutes and only ate his corndogs when I put them in his hand for him! I was really touched by it and Max wanted it to play again. If you've got young 'uns go see it!

0 Comments: