Normally, it's the kids begging the parents for a dog. I'm begging my kids for one. I'm a dog person, always have been. I have had dogs from the day I was born and have always been nuts about them. I've really missed Dedo and now with the passing of Smitten just wanted to have some sort of happy ending by getting a new dog. Found two perfect ones at the shelter, but I have a problem or actually two of them. Max and Mia are afraid of all things furry (except for rabbits in Max's case). Mia absolutely had a hissy fit when meeting a very sweet little dog today. I don't know anyone who has little kids that are afraid of dogs, and I have two. I don't know what the problem is and frankly I am afraid that this fear will only get worse without some exposure to dogs. But since the adoption counselor was basically like, come back in a year, that exposure won't be coming anytime soon. Sigh.
Tumblr
15 years ago
2 Comments:
Knowing the kids, I am confident that they would adjust quickly to a new animal. That little pug mix really did not seem to bother them that much, and the more time that it was there the more they were accepting it. However something smaller than they are would probably be a good idea.
actually the only dog Mia has been comfortable around was a huge doberman. The little dogs are too busy and in her face. I think she also remembers her big dog. Max on the other hand is more comfortable with smaller dogs.
Post a Comment