Introducing, Fieffer!
We took the whole family back and adopted him. At the end of the day, Max told me the best part of the day was when we took him out of his cage, put him in the carrier and brought him to his nice, cozy home. Although, he has been concerned about another bunny that we left there and I had to re-assure him that she would get her very own family. He is also concerned about his bunny dying, which has been very sad, but I think we've convinced him that it will be awhile before that will happen.
He also seems to like Max. Max sat near him while he ate his breakfast and Fieffer decided that he would eat too. I found out later that this is pretty common for them to do if they like you, he will even start to groom if you pretend to groom yourself. Every night before bed, Max gives him a special treat and tonight Fieffer took it directly from his hand, which just made Max so very happy.
The cats.....Anubis and Poster are scared to death of him, Emma thinks he's pretty neat. She sat right next to him immediately after bringing him home and has met him nose to nose through the gate. At first Fieffer was a bit nervous and thumped at them, but I swear that he has been actively looking for Emma today. Apparently, cats and rabbits can get along quite well and even become very friendly.
3 Comments:
Thanks for posting this! I have been curious about what he looks like, etc. Is he neutered?
Yes, he is neutered. The humane society spays/nueters all of the bunnies/cats/dogs before you can take them home. The adoption fee is a real bargain when you consider that.
This is so incredibly cool!! What a wonderful thing to do for Max!!
Post a Comment