Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Ring!

So, I'm on call from the 22nd until somewhere around the 4th. One REC had to have surgery, the other is on vacation and for two days, the last Ohio REC is in Maryland to play golf.

It hasn't been too bad so far. Had one station spill where 265 gallons of mineral oil was pumped onto the ground when a valve snapped. A couple of other minor calls. It just takes a bit of adjustment to how I live. I have to always have the stupid phone and a bunch of important numbers with me. Sometimes I'm good at that, other times I forget. Mia and I went to the grocery store tonight and as soon as I walked in I got a call. I didn't have a pen or any of the numbers I needed, so we got back into the car and ran home. That was annoying. I also discovered that I can't hear the phone ring while wearing headphones and listening to music. Thank goodness for office mates who noticed that I was not answering my annoying phone and poked me.

We'll see how the rest of it goes. Hopefully it will be uneventful.

0 Comments: