I left work early this past Friday and drove down to Cambridge where I met Ralph. We were all set to enter the AEP Fishing Tournament on lake Seneca. There was a tournament meeting on Friday night, where they went over the rules, had a cookout and raffled away prizes. Everyone got a prize and a tournament hat.
We spent the night in the motel and got up bright and early, 4am, on Saturday to get the boat down to the water. It was very foggy out, which made driving and boating a bit of a challenge. The fish were biting early, most not keepers, but still fun. Then we hit a dry spell. I did manage to catch two of the three keepers that we entered into the contest.
During the fishing I was having a lot of fun looking around. It is a pretty lake, I think. And I saw a lot of birds including two common loons, some ducks and geese with their babies, a Baltimore Oriole, pileated woodpeckers, and what I originally thought was a golden eagle (which would've been incredibly rare here in Ohio) but I believe was a young bald eagle flying over the lake looking for fish.
We didn't win or place, and my co-workers fished better than us (which I'm sure I'll pay for later), but it was a lot of fun being outside and fishing with Ralph which I haven't done in a long time.
Tumblr
15 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment