We had to say goodbye to Dedo yesterday. He was 12 and a half and had not been feeling well for awhile. He was a goofball and I miss him. I can hold it together mostly until I get home and he isn't here, then I cry.
I like to remember him when he was younger and a lot of trouble. He used to get so hot as a puppy that he would go and put his head in his water bowl and fall asleep. He was a holy terror to all stuffed toys and was part goat. I remember when I came home and he had eaten half the house including an aluminum can (except for the hard ring) and had to have surgery. I remember how he would guard Max when he was just a baby. And when I was upset he would come and sit with his back up against me and just wait.
Tumblr
15 years ago


4 Comments:
Sorry to hear about Dedo's passing. I know how a pet becomes a member of the family.
My thoughts are with you. :(
I will miss him. He was such a pussycat for being a really big dog. I am, in general, afraid of dogs, especially the big ones, but Dedo was always good to me. When I stayed two nights alone with Max and Mia when Wilson was born he made me feel secure. And hearing about his exploits, especially the things that he managed to eat was quite entertaining.
Thank you, everyone. It has been really hard for me.
Post a Comment