I love my kids, but they are going to be the death of me.
About two weeks ago, Mia, Wilson and I got "colds". Then Wil ended up in urgent care and got his inhaler. Everyone seemed to be slowly getting better. Then on Saturday Mia and Wil got fevers and I complained about my chest hurting. The fevers only lasted for a brief period so I didn't really worry about it. Then Mia started coughing an awful, awful cough. I counted once and it was 15 coughs in a row, followed by a loud Whoop when she finally got to inhale. I'm not a doctor but it didn't seem like a big stretch to think "whooping cough". Then poor Wil started to get gunkier and crabbier and I don't remember the last time we were able to sleep. I called the doctor today and got them in. And they are thinking it's whooping cough based on my and Mia's symptoms. Poor Mia had to have swabs run up into her nose on both sides for testing which will come back tomorrow. In the meantime she's been started on antibiotics to treat whooping cough and Wil has a different antibiotic for his ear infection. If the test comes back positive, everyone in the house has to be treated for whooping cough, sick or not. And then the daycare will have to tell all the parents to get their kids treated. I have a feeling we are about to become very unpopular. It's not our fault, she is up to date on all her vaccines, including the whooping cough one!
Last night I had parent teacher conferences for Max. His speech is becoming an issue. Apparently the other kids are having a hard time understanding him, which upsets him. And because he isn't able to say so many things correctly, they feel that it is really hindering his ability to read. On top of that, they would like to have him assessed for his ability to comprehend language since it appears that he has problems with certain things, which I noticed too. It makes me sad to think about him having a hard time at school. Especially when we are considering putting him into the public school system next year. This isn't something I really want to do, but the cost of this school is really a lot and they don't offer any kind of back-up when they close. But our school system is known for their inability to handle kids that need anything special, and if he continues to need some special help it would be best for him to stay at St. Joes where he gets one on one attention. Ugh, why is this so hard?
THEN, today I had to take Max to the ENT to check on his tubes in his ears. They have been in too long and are causing problems instead of helping. So, he now has to have surgery on December 30th to remove the tubes and patch the holes. The doctor said he won't know for sure how one of the eardrums will be until he gets in there. I am so not looking forward to this and I know I'm going to end up crying just like I did when they put those things in.
Tumblr
15 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment