Friday, March 6, 2009

It's not funny.

Thursday: Around midnight Wilson wakes up and refuses to go back to sleep. At some point after that, Mia barfed everywhere in her bed and didn't cry. So, in the morning she was covered in dried barf. I also started to not feel so well around midnight. Convinced myself to go to work, proceeded to get sick at work (automatic flushing toilets not your friend in this scenario), and came home to be miserable.

Friday: Around 3am, Mia barfed in bed again only this time she woke us up. Unfortunately, she also woke up Wilson who refused to go back to sleep. I had puky in bed with me and Beth had wide eyed on the couch. (We need a bigger bed so we can fit more kids in it). Later, Beth gets the babies from school and we find out Wilson has been pooping all day and Mia, "was not herself." Mia ate some pancakes and about an hour later exploded all over the place. And now Beth is in bed looking whiter than a ghost not knowing for sure which end something is going to come out of.

This has been the worst freakin' winter ever. My boss is upset that I'm always sick or a kid is always sick, but Beth can't take time off because her lovely work has come up with a no more than 3 days unexcused policy (and she can never get one excused, so there you are.) I feel like it's a race to see which one of us gets into big trouble at work first.

I have scrubbed and mopped everything tonight, even though I still don't feel all that great. I feel like I'm living in one big germ.

0 Comments: