Meet Miss Daisy, a yellow labrador who is 10 months old and now lives with us.
She use to belong to a friend of Beth's boss, but the wife developed life threatening allergies and Daisy had to find a new home. She lived with 3 kids in her previous house who adored her, and in fact came to us with a blue nose from a kid with a marker.
She has to learn a few more manners and get socialized a bit more, but she is really a good dog for a pup. She's house broken and has had only one accident, which was my fault for accidentally scaring her.
She gets so excited when she sees the kids. I do have to be careful with her since Max and Mia get scared so easily when it comes to dogs. But as you can see from the picture above, Max already likes to play ball with her and Mia says, "Hi Daisy" in the mornings and hasn't cried once at her.
We still have one whole side of our yard not fenced in yet (fence guy comes out Friday) but she shows absolutely no interest in getting away from us.
The cats are amusing. Emma hates her, Poster is a bit worried, and Anubis commands the dog respects her authority. They are all getting use to each other nicely. Fieffer HATES the dog. When she gets near his cage, he lunges at her with his front paws and acts all "I can take her!" There is no free bunny range time at the same time as Daisy.
It is a lot of work having a puppy, especially one that weighs 65 pounds. I walk her a mile in the morning, play ball with her for however long I can in the evenings and another mile walk before bedtime, all the time working on her leash manners and obedience. I think having absolutely no way to avoid all the exercise will be good for me too!
2 Comments:
I didn't realize how big she was until I saw her next to Max. She's huge! You think she's done growing? So a bunny, 3 cats, a puppy and 3 kids, a wife, a job, a roof over your head, good friends, food in your belly.
Life is good.
She is big but not as big as Dedo was (she's also a bit chubby right now). I don't anticipate that she'll get any bigger. Yup, life is good.
Post a Comment