We survived our vacation to Brown County Indiana. I wasn't sure based on how the trip started, a van full of stuff and crying kids. Then Max had an accident and Wilson barfed all over the place. But once we got there things seemed okay.
This was the cabin we rented. It was a lot of fun. Three bedrooms and two baths, with a walking trail and camp fire area and a hot tub used by Beth and Katy. The first night there I saw deer just off the porch and there were all sorts of birds including pileated, red bellied and downy woodpeckers.

Max peeking over the railing from the second floor.
Mia and Max rolling around in the kitchen.
Wilson loved the stairs. I think he managed to only be eaten by them once.
The Story Inn located in Story Indiana. It's a fun place. While we were there a bunch of horses from the horse camping area showed up. Mia looked at them and announced, "Neigh!"
Max, Mia, Beth and Katy went hiking in the state park one day while I stayed home with sleepy Wilson. I got a little peace and quiet to read my book.
We also did a fair amount of walking around Nashville, a historic artist colony. Much stuff to look at and be tempted to buy.
Overall, a good time and Aunt Katy was a real trooper with the chaos that comes with us and the kids. She even wiped noses, which was more than we expected from her! Now, back to work.
2 Comments:
Looks like a good trip all around. You'll look back in a few years and realize how "simple" everything really was! You had some good time with the kids.I'm so glad Katy made the trip.
Loved the family picture in front of the restaurant.
Post a Comment