Thursday, April 2, 2009

Tude

Mia had a note sent home from school the other day saying that she was doing the exact opposite of what was asked of her and did we know why? We've got some ideas, and welcome to our world of the terrible twos! (and she's only 19 months!)

Exhibit A: I was in the middle of doing something and Mia came up to me with a book saying, "Please." I told her no, and she stomped her foot and brought her eyebrows together a little. Then repeated, "Please" as if to say, I know I didn't hear you right the first time. I told her no again, and she stomped and brought the eyebrows even closer. This repeated about 3 times until the eyebrows were completely together and she was giving me a serious drop dead look.

Exhibit B: Mia had a runny nose and wanted to rub it all over her face. I was explaining that we don't do that, we use a tissue. She gave me the frownie, eyebrow glare and then stuck her finger up her nose. I told her to stop it, she cocked her head at me, raised an eyebrow and shoved the finger back up the nose. So, I sent her to time out. Afterwards, I called her to me and explained that she has to do what I say. As I'm talking, she looks at me and shoves her finger up her nose. Before I can say anything, she stomps her feet, spins around, marches over and puts herself into time out.

Exhibit C: Although this is funny, I think it still shows some attitude. Last night I was tickling the tar out of her and she was laughing like she was going to split in two. I decide to aggravate her and ask her if she was ready to go to bed. She shook her head no, then waved her hand like she was trying to shove me away, then took her binkie out of her mouth and spelled, "N-O" put the binkie back into her mouth and then asked me to tickle her again.

Oh, I hope she makes it to two......

1 Comment:

Sara said...

oh my. you are in so much trouble.....