More SPCC updates, but no alarms or damaged vehicles to report. Today I was running around Perry county. It is very pretty in that area, especially with the leaves changing colors. But it is very rural and I have no idea how I found the stations that I was trying to find. Many of the roads aren't labeled and are just tricky to navigate in general.
At one point I found myself on a gravel road and startled an Amish boy and girl who were out playing with a knotted rope. I don't think they were used to seeing too many vehicles. Then I confused them even more by waiving at them, they had no idea how to respond to that.
Then I found an old wooden, covered, one lane bridge that I had to cross. I was very annoyed that I forgot the camera today because it was pretty cute.
I got to drive around in the Wayne National Forest which was very pretty. Discovered that most of Perry county does not have cell phone coverage, which presented a problem for me when I needed to enter the stations.
Stopped in Shawnee Ohio, which had a sign up that it was on the national historic places registry. The little town was all done up like the wild west, but it was a dead ghost town as far as I could tell.
I also discovered that the New Straitsville Moonshine Festival will be occuring in the next couple of weeks. You know, if you're looking for something to do that is....
It was a fun day.
Tumblr
15 years ago
0 Comments:
Post a Comment