Beth and I celebrated our 13th anniversary yesterday. It's amazing how time flies. Lots of things have happened during that time. We've had three houses and one apartment, I've had 7 different jobs, Beth has had 5 different jobs (I think), I got a bachelor's degree, and both of us have received our masters, we survived two homestudies and adopted two great kids along with surviving one pregnancy which produced one cool little dude. In the beginning we couldn't buy groceries at times and now we've progressed to being broke all the time because the kids are eating so much!
I remember the struggles we had when people first found out about us. I lost some close friends and my relationship with some of my family members will never be the same. Nobody from my family came to our wedding, none of them have ever even asked about it or when our anniversary is, and was only reminded that it isn't legal and therefore doesn't mean anything. But Beth's sister was in the wedding and interested in the planning details. Beth's parents both came and they always send us an anniversary card. We had a lot of great friends show up and suffer through the heat and mosquitoes to show us their support. Although I doubt any of them thought we would be were we are now.
I remember some of the fun we had doing the planning. The cake lady looked super uncomfortable when she realized who was getting married and the tux place had to empty out the dressing room of men so I could try on a tux. But the best of all was the experience we had at the Beavercreek Florists. They were THRILLED to be involved with a wedding for two women. As far as they were concerned it would be twice as much flowers. They even convinced me to wear a wreathe of flowers in their exuberance. At the reception they had even delivered a little engraved vase congratulating us. They were awesome.
It's been a fun 13 years and I'm looking forward to seeing what we get ourselves into next. I love you, Beth.
Tumblr
15 years ago
4 Comments:
We love you both, er, all!!!
There's lots to love!
And that's a good thing!
I remember your wedding day well - but honestly have no recollection of mosquitoes. (That's probably a good thing.) I love you guys, and am so happy to have been a part of your day. Congratulations on your anniversary!
Post a Comment