Max got his glasses and thinks he is pretty cool. He was super difficult at the eyeglass place and they couldn't really adjust them correctly. I noticed that they are a little crooked and when he took them off today one of his ears was pretty red. So, we'll need to go back and try to work on that. He is very concerned about breaking them. He was afraid to move his head too much for fear they would fall off and break. When I picked him up from school he ran up to me and announced that he did not break his glasses today! In the car I had the windows down and looked back at Max. He was holding onto his glasses for dear life. When I asked him why it was because the windows were down and would blow off his glasses. I did have a five minute talk with him before he got his glasses about how they cost money and he needed to be careful and not break them. Apparently it made an impression. I wish I knew what exactly made him listen to me so carefully, because it's never happened before!
He started going to the "babies school" this week and it has been a bit of an adjustment for him. It is a very long day 7-5:50ish and he is a wreck when he gets home. He was use to me picking him up from his old school around 4:30 but we only have one vehicle that can haul around all the kids, and Beth uses it to get everyone to school and then work. She has this plan of leaving a car at the daycare the night before, driving the van to daycare and then transferring to the car so I can bring my car there after work and pick up the kids in the van. We have not tried this plan out because I get tired thinking about it. I have all my work stuff in my car and will have to transfer it back and forth, blah. But we cannot afford another vehicle that will hold them all.
Anyway, in three days the teachers at the new school taught Max how to swing like a big boy. He is really very good at it now. They said that he is doing well.
In other news, we have fence posts in. It's been a joy getting this project started, so who knows when we will actually have a fence instead of just posts. But at least it looks like progress.
Tumblr
15 years ago
5 Comments:
I know this is counter to my usual fastidious carefulness, but how big does Max need to be to ride in the front seat with a booster? I would not do it on the freeway, but at slower speeds it could be an alternative for getting him home from daycare. Just a thought.
Or the van could go back home after the kids are dropped at daycare. Or you could sell both small vehicles to apply to the cost of another van.
One more thing, in case you did not think of it, there is a Pearl Vision in Tuttle Crossing:
PEARLE VISION (TUTTLE CROSSING)
5043 TUTTLE CROSSING BLVD SPC 238
DUBLIN, OH 43016
(614) 766-6638
Second level near Sear's. Formerly DOC.
And I am sure you could go there for the adjustment...
I've thought about the booster front seat thing. I don't know for sure is the answer. There is some research that the first generation airbags are too dangerous period. The second generation ones are deployed at lower speeds and might be ok. Second gen started to be used in 98 which is the year of my car and I would have to figure out which ones I have. Generally it is advised not to do it with kids under 9 preferrably 12. Apparently even in the booster they can slide into the wrong position for the airbag.
we wouldn't get enough money from the cars to make a dent in the cost of a van. I keep trying to figure out a way but with 30K in childcare a year we just can't swing a payment.
Post a Comment